Sunday, May 28, 2006

No strawberry festival -- it's NEXT weekend - whoops! So we just had a lazy day. I planted some things. Discovered that my composter had actually WORKED! I had real honest to goodness compost! Exciting to me anyway -- ;-) I even swept the deck and re-organized my seedlings so there was more room for oh I donno -- our picnic table.

Today was nice. I convinced my best friend Jennie and her family to come to our church and check it out. They seemed to really like it. Today's message was bout not having a hard heart toward God one of the verses we studied really got my attention - from Hebrews

12 See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful,
unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.
13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today,
so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.

Our Pastor has a great personality, and an incredible way of teaching that makes the scriptures really make sense. We study a few lines each week (Mark right now) and he just takes them apart bit by bit and we hash it out (yes, WE, this is a very participatory church - I love it!) It really make the Living Word sooooooo much easier to understand. I may have a NIV version (which is in plain English) but I still get lost VERY easily.

After church we all went out to brunch (all 9 of us! We have five kids between us) and then off to run our individual errands. We went to get the kiddie pool from storage at Pop-Pop's. YAY!!!! The kids were thrilled. The rest of the afternoon was spent playing in the pool and sprinkler.

Tomorrow - off to a BBQ at a Rachel's!!! Nice to have some IRL friends. ;-)

Have a good Memorial Day all -- Thank soldier will ya?

No comments: