Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Thanks to Jules at Everyday Mommy for her fantastic idea! If you agree go sign her petition and put the button on your blog!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Many retailers, marketing and PR firms review mommy blogs for trends and opinions. If we speak as one we may be able to effect change. Please let your blogging friends know and if you normally don't leave a comment, please leave one now.
Moms & Dads for Modesty Mission Statement

As a Mom or Dad for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.

I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.

I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.

I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.

I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young women's clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.


Several women have written significant posts on the subject of modesty and dignity in dressing our little girls appropriately.

It comes down to this. I WILL NOT dress my daughters like "Paris Hilton tartlets". For me it has to do with teaching my daughter to dress like a lady, to have respect for her own body, to have respect for God's word on dressing modestly. Does that mean skirts to her ankles and long hair? No, jeans and tee shirts are great! I live in them. But those tee shirts will not have double entendre written on them. Those tee shirts will not carry messages about being disrespectful to parents or authority.

It also has to do with teaching MY SON to respect women. To respect women no matter how they are dressed, but to chose a life partner wisely. It has to do with teaching my son that modesty in a woman is a virtue. It also has to do with teaching my SON to dress modestly. No pants down so low that his boxers show, no ripped up clothing (unless you're changing the oil or painting, doing something messy that CALLS for old clothing).

For my son this ALSO means no tee shirts with inappropriate sayings on them. I will tolerate them no better on my son than my daughter.

No comments: